What you need:
- A square paper. Mine is 21 x 21cm cut from a A4 paper. Use a thicker paper if you are going to be using watercolours as you’re going to be painting double sided.
- Your favourite decorating tools!
Below is the How-to. I’ve also uploaded a more detailed tutorial on my story for my origami beginners so that you can flick back and forth:
- Fold along diagonally in both corners. You will have two creases forming four triangles.
- Fold into three sections. Rotate 90 degrees and repeat this step folding inwards.
- Flip it over!
- Fold all bottom corners to meet the corners of the centre square.
- Flip it over again so you’re back on the side you started with.
- Fold four corners inwards and twist slightly until a pinwheel shape forms. This bit is a bit scary but trust your creases!
- Form a purse by folding the arms inwards.
- Tuck the last arm in! 💌
Make it unique for the person receiving it! In my card I’ve included things that we both like: lemons and apples we like to bake desserts with, favourite flowers…. And lots of cliche stuff like love hearts, angels, love birds and poems because why not! I’ve placed these motives in mirroring positions to create symmetry – gives it that folky vibe