What could you do with leftover vegetables scraps at the end of the week? Make stock cubes! You can use any sort of leftover vegetables to make your own all natural stock cubes! The process is super straightforward and you can make enough to store and use for months.
- 1kg Assorted leftover vegetables (carrot peels,celery, broccoli stems ,cauliflower leaves,soft veg ,onion, leeks, mushrooms, etc.)
- 4 x cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of nutritional yeast
- Herbs & spices
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Gather your leftover vegetables and make sure they are clean and edible.
- Chop the vegetables into smaller pieces
- Sauté them with 2 tbsp of olive oil until
- They release all the flavours and most of the water has evaporated
- Let the veg cool for a bit
- In a blender add the cooked vegetables , garlic,spices and herbs salt & black pepper.
- Blend the mixture until it becomes a smooth puree.
- Line a flat, shallow pan with parchment paper. Pour the vegetable puree onto the pan and smooth it out evenly.
- Place the pan in the freezer and let it freeze until it’s solid.
- Remove the frozen vegetable puree from the pan and cut it into cubes.
- (Optional )Wrap each cube in parchment paper or place them in an airtight container. Store the wrapped cubes in the freezer .
Now you have your homemade vegan vegetable stock cubes in a convenient frozen form to enhance the flavor of your recipes whenever needed. Just take out a cube or two from the freezer for your cooking!